Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas in Lake Placid

I have had a beautiful white Christmas here in Lake Placid. It snowed a couple of feet a few days before which guaranteed a cold but gorgeous Christmas day.
I went skating last night at the local ice rink which was only my third time ever on iceskates and managed to not fall over or make a complete fool of myself. I think my rollerblading days in Christchurch helped me out there!
Tonight I have an outdoor party to go to. Although it will be FREEZING, they have a big bonfire going which will hopefully keep me slightly warmer than frozen. Apparently, the place is a bit remote so we have to snowshoe in to it.



Showing my skills at the 'oval', the local skating hotspot. I think that my rollerblading days in Christchurch were my saving grace here!