Sunday, October 30, 2005

Off to Calgary

On the move again. I’m writing this from my flight to Calgary. Iain and I left Lake Placid at 5 this morning which got me to the airport in Montreal in plenty of time. Last night, Peter, Iain and I went to the Dutch Bobsledders house as it was one of the guys birthday. The team travels around with a chef who put on a wonderful 5 course meal which was just amazing.

Yesterday’s sliding went really well again for me and I came away with yet another personal best down time. I’ve improved now by about a second on the Lake Placid track which is a huge amount in skeleton terms.

At the airport this morning, I thought I was going to have trouble with my 3 items of luggage but a smile to the right person and then quick mention that I was an Olympic athlete travelling with sporting equipment, got me on with no troubles! Paying excess baggage fees is one thing that is definitely not in the budget.

I arrive in Calgary at 11:15am so will have the whole afternoon to hopefully slide if my coach lets me after travelling, and then settle into Calgary for the next 12 days.