Friday, February 17, 2006

Leaving the village

I have been asked my the NZOC to hand my accreditation back in and leave now. I found out yesterday that I wasn't even allowed to be eating in the village! I had been as I didn't realise it, but it had not been paid for me to eat there. I don't really know where else I was supposed to eat!
I've also been asked to hand back all my NZ uniform. I ended up leaving it in Lou's room and asking her to take it back because I was a bit upset about the whole deal.
Because I had nowhere in Sestriere to stay on the night of the men's skeleton race, I had to leave early and miss their final run which was gutting as I'd have loved to watch Ben come in 10th!
Overall, it was an awesome experience being at the Olympic Games. It was just a shame that some things had to dampen the experience.