Friday, November 25, 2005

Torino

Finally, we made it to Torino and drove up to Sestriere which is where we are staying, a drive of about 2 hours. The track is about 15 minutes down the mountain in a town called Cesana. Sestriere is the ski village where most of the skiing will take place at the Olympics.

For the last day or so we’ve been to the track several times to watch the Italians and some other small nation athletes slide. Also I’ve gone to the gym in the afternoons in an attempt to keep myself awake and ward off this jetlag. I got a good night sleep last night so I’m hoping it won’t be too bad for me.

In this village, the internet doesn’t seem to exist and getting a phone line is also proving to be very difficult. So for this week, I’m not going to have much contact with the outside world at all L, including my Mum, Dad and little brother, Kieran who is off to the Pan Pacific athletics meet in Melbourne, good luck KJ!!