Sunday, November 06, 2005

World Cup training in Calgary


It’s been a busy few days here in Calgary. So far I have had 13 runs and slowly getting the track sorted out. There are a couple of spots that have been giving me a bit of trouble but I’ll have them sorted out before Wednesday, which is the World Cup race here. I already have a new personal best time for the start here which is a great sign because I haven’t been pushing it 100% yet.

I have the day off today, which is kind of lucky because it’s starting to snow, and snow makes the track slow.

On the agenda today is some sled prep, shopping and some weight training later this afternoon. I have to time my weight sessions to correspond with the bobsledders sliding sessions otherwise I can’t get on any of the equipment in the weight room.

The picture above is the start of the track, which goes for 1494m to the finish line, with 14 curves to negotiate along the way.