Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Travelling again

Sitting, waiting, watching. I'm at Albany airport, waiting for my flight to Chicago. Albany airport has two shops, a café and McD’s so I’m not overly excited about being here. I stayed at the Best Western near the airport last night because I managed to hitch a ride with a guy who works in the Bobsled office who is flying home for Thanksgiving, thanks Brian!

3 flights today: Albany – Chicago, Chicago – Frankfurt and then Frankfurt – Torino. I’ve brought my laptop and a couple of DVD’s, book and mp3 player to keep myself amused although I’ll try to sleep most of the Chicago – Frankfurt flight which is 8 hours.

All of yesterday was spent strategically packing. I have 90kgs of luggage so takes some effort to get it all into my 3 bags. Luckily I got an extra baggage allowance from AirNZ, otherwise I’d be charged through the roof for all my gear. And the thing is its all equipment too! I have very few clothes and luxuries with me so it’s all pretty much essential stuff I have with me.